Children and Youth Who Witness Abuse, Someone is Listening & Watching!
PEACE (Prevention, Education, Advocacy, Counselling and Empowerment Program) is a free confidential service provided to Children and Youth who are 4 to 18 years of age.
PEACE program is designed to:
- Provide confidential counselling to children and youth who have witnessed and or experienced abuse, threats, violence in the home, or elsewhere
- Support children and youth to understand they are not at fault for the abusive actions of others
- Use therapeutic tools including toys, art, and play activities to educate children about violence and abuse issues
- Organize and provide access to information for parents such as, victim’s rights, and criminal justice system, other social, legal, and health agencies
- Work closely with Victims Assistance and Stopping the Violence Programs
- Connect parents or guardians with other health and social services